Saturday, October 11, 2008

Growing up!

8 Weeks

18 months
Our baby girl is growing up. I finally changed the picture at the top of our blog to a more recent photo. It made me really sentimental to have to do that! She is talking up a storm and we are even discussing the crib-to-toddler bed transition that may happen very soon! Don't get me wrong, I am loving every moment of this stage! She is saying "Hank you" (thank you) and "me-me" (excuse me) without even being asked! She is so polite.
A couple of weeks ago she pointed out an American Flag at a car dealership as we were driving on the interstate and I belted out (I am a great singer in the car with just Caroline and I...) "You're A Grand Old Flag!" She loved it so much that she now looks for the USA flag as we drive and every time she see one she shouts, "Mo!"(more!) (There are a lot of patriotic people in NW Arkansas. I never realized how many flags are flying!)
She has such a sweet, beautiful spirit.
Last night, as I was rocking her to sleep (yes, I still rock her, and I will until she tells me she does not want me to!) she sat up and said, "Bible?" So I handed her the tiny pink New Testament, She said, "Bible!" so I gave her the white tiny New Testament. She put them on my chest and laid down on top of them to go to sleep. It made me remember that I heard desperate students would put text books under their pillows hoping through osmosis or something that they would learn the content. I think, though, that she just loves her bibles and wanted them close to our hearts as she fell asleep. Have Faith like a child!
It's hard to believe your love can keep growing every day when you feel like your already overflowing with it!

6 comments:

  1. That's so sweet Bonnie. K loves her bible too. She gets Dasun's bible, then says, "Where's my bible?" Dasun gets it for her and then she says, "lets sit down at da table an read da bible daddy." I love seeing her excited about that. Precious!

    I love the new picture at the top!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture at the top...so sweet. I noticed as soon as I opened up the site. She and Joshua are so close in age but he is so not talking like that. She is a smart cookie! I love reading about the Bibles, how sweet is that? I know you are enjoying the time at home!
    Reba

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious post Bonnie. God is so proud of how you are raising sweet Caroline. I love you so much. You guys are so precious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie,

    It's Melissa, again! I can't find your e-mail! Your sweet baby girl is so precious! I just know you are such a wonderful mommy! I can't wait! 8 weeks to go until our Mia arrives! New pics of her nursery on our blog with a canvas painted by Ashley!
    www.kelleyandmelissa.blogspot.com
    Enjoy that sweet Caroline!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her little picture is so sweet. It is so amazing and kinda sad to see the changes from a year ago. I hope ou all are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bonnie! i love your posts... you have such a wonderful way of saying things... caroline is so lucky to have you for a mommy. i miss you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete