Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sweet Memories

Caroline having muddy fun with two of the four cousins we are visiting!


An eight hour drive to Texas with me and my sweet kiddos! We honestly had a great drive down and the only time I got frustrated with Caroline was when she told me to turn my music down because she said it was too loud!
I did not even tell her about the borrowed (thank you Mauree!) DVD player until we were six hours into the drive! Cinderella got us through Dallas easily! The garmin was an enormous help (Thanks, Kim!) I told Kim I wished the lady who tells me when to turn would give positive reinforcement after I follow her direction! "in 1.5 miles turn left...great turn, Bonnie! Keep it up, you are almost there!"
the only other annoying event was when my rear view mirror decided to fall off as I adjusted it. Yes, you heard me right. It stinking fell right off the windshield as I was driving. It's not like I have a clunker either, it's a 2007. I managed to make it stay on as we went through Dallas. Funny how you take things for granted unless you really need them! (I am blaming it on the Texas heat. It is so hot!)
Anyway, Caroline and I played the association game for a really long time (I am thinking about fire. She says, that makes me think of camping. I say, that makes me think of s'mores...etc) We laughed a lot about the funny things we came up with. We also sang the "tomorrow" song from Annie and "doe a deer" from sound of music at least twenty times each. Not exaggerating.
Thomas tried to sing and talk with us, but he mainly slept.
Speaking of Thomas! He was a little fussy one day last week-and he is virtully Never fussy. Several people said he is probably teething and each time I would politely say yeah, right-Caroline was 16 months (Can you believe it?!) before her first tooth came in! I remember googling about baby teeth never coming in and of course there is some very rare disorder where people never have teeth grow in!! Thankfully hers all came in! Better late than never! L O N G story short, lo and behold I felt a sharp tiny tooth coming in on his bottom gum! At nine months!!
He also had some real food besides baby food this week. Like his momma, he loves guacamole! He also had beans at the Cyclone Corral Barbecue place! For dessert I let him taste our peach cobbler.
Here is a picture of sweet Thomas so proud of himself after swiping my spoon when I looked away for two seconds!


More on our trip coming soon!

6 comments:

  1. I am glad you are having a good time! I am so impressed about not using the DVD player until 6 hours into the trip. Sounds like you had a fun time with Caroline on the way in. Way to go, Thomas, on the tooth! I bet more start popping up in the next few weeks. (Joshua got seven in a week's time when we picked him up!) I look forward to seeing you when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post...you seem like an absolutely wonderful mom to your precious kiddos!

    I live in Dallas, and I can confirm that it is VERY hot here. It's only May too...I have no idea what we're going to do come July and August. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are having a good time. I hope both players worked. Nate has been worried this whole time about it. He keeps saying, "I should have gone to get the cord and make sure they worked for her." He will be glad to know that you were able to use them on your trip. I bet it was the Texas heat that did the number on your mirror. I remember that happening a lot to our cars growing up in Houston. Yay Thomas for your tooth. I can relate..Miles was 16 months old too before he got his first tooth. Have fun and Stay cool!
    Mauree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your association game. I completely forgot about that. I will have to try that with K.

    Both of my girls had their bottom two teeth come in at 6 months (not good for this nursing mama). And they both had 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom by 9 months. Isn't that funny?

    -oh...and there's a certain type of glue in the automotive section to fix your rearview. That happened to me too. ha! ha!

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, Thomas! What a big boy! I'm so glad you are having so much fun! We miss you and can't wait to get together as soon as you get back. I am also impressed you didn't bust out the DVD player for 6 hours. I probably wouldn't have made it out of the driveway! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! It sounds like our girls would have a blast together if we were ever out on the road! We play 20 questions and I spy! I Love the idea of the Association game, will have to play that one tomorrow on the way to VBS!

    ReplyDelete