Monday, March 19, 2007

She's asleep...




For about a week now Caroline has been waking up just once (around 1 am) and then starting her morning around 5:30am. Anyone who knows me is thinking how early that is for me!
It's amazing how I only mind getting out of a warm bed for about 10 seconds and then when I see that little face I am excited and ready to go. One of my favorite times is after she eats and plays, we both take a nap together on the couch. (Actually, she is the one napping while I enjoy examining her tiny features and just enjoying her.)
She is asleep as we speak (actually, while I type!) without her pacifier (thank goodness, because when it falls out during the night she loves to let me know!) So with all of that being said, I am being optimistic at our chances for several hours of uninterrupted sleep tonight. (I'll let you know how it goes.)
We went to church for the first time yesterday and it was very successful. Only once did Caroline make a very unladylike sound (which Thomas then accusingly points at me.) We then went on to Aunt Becky's house to visit all of her family (who I claim as my own extended family.) All of this disrupted Caroline's routine and we had some fussy spells, but looking back she did extremely well for such a long time away from home. (The pediatrician said to wait 6 weeks before taking her out and we are rule followers! :-) )
Here are some pictures of visits from Caroline's grandparents who love her very much!
*ps Thanks to my friend Tara (of Tara and Bailey) who informed me that there is a company who turns blogs into real books, so I am going to try and be more descriptive and thorough in describing Caroline's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment