Saturday, May 3, 2008

We have been enjoying the Farmer’s Market for several weekends in a row now. Thomas and I were inspired by all of the yummy vegetables to start a garden of our own. It is a work in progress, but the incentive of home grown tomatoes is urging us on. Today Aunt “B,” Caroline and I ate a scrumptious lunch at Jammin’ Java. My “Berry Fields Forever” salad turned into just a “Fields Forever” because Caroline enjoyed eating all of my strawberries. We were entertained by a folksy fun band while we ate. We also were able to see so many different dogs of all sizes! Hopefully Becky will get me the picture of the bear sized poodle! We then made a surprise for Grammy for Mother’s Day.

Thanks to Kristen (and Trey) we were able to finish the afternoon at a Razorback baseball game. Caroline has gotten very good at calling the hogs whenever she sees a picture of a Razorback. My dear friend, Kimberly, got Caroline the adorable Hog dress that she wore to the game (and the scrimmage last weekend!) Once we were home she enjoyed her new hobby of playing with the water hose. It was fun watching her figure out how to make the hose splash on the ground. Thomas and I were also able to witness her first drink out of the water hose. (She figured it out on her own. I know about the dangers of vinyl hoses, but we all drank out of hoses when we were little and for the most part we all are okay!) She soaked her clothes (luckily she had on her new croc-like shoes from Aunt B!) and had a blast.

ps Just so I never forget: I carried Caroline from Baum stadium all the way to the far side of Reynolds stadium for the scrimmage. (Without complaining) Thomas offered to carry her, but she let us know that she only wanted Mommy at that moment. Some days are his and some days are mine. The day we walk three miles, of course, I am the chosen one.

Caroline is learning so much every day.

New tricks:

© She says “thank you” and “please” (sometimes without even prompting her!) She says them both “mmmppphh” and nods her head like “I Dream of Jeannie.”

© She makes the kiss noise with her lips

© She pats almost every book and sings the “pat the bible” song from Sunday school (sounds like “Buh-eye-buh-eye-el” in a sing-ey voice.

© If she hears the word “purple” she starts moving her head back and forth, dancing ready to hear me sing the “P-u-r-p-l-e, purple, purple” song I teach to my kindergartners. (To the tune of “Camptown Ladies”)

© She bows her head for a few moments while we pray. She tries to say “amen” at the end.

© She has another new dance move! She runs in place with her legs stretched apart, a little like “Flashdance!”

© She is still collecting rocks from around our yard and putting them into her green bucket. It is interesting to try and figure out why she deems some as “keepable” and others are thrown back.

© She pats my face to tell me she loves me as I rock her to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I need to see a full-size version of that oh-so-cute Razorback dress Caroline is wearing. Did someone make it for you or did you buy it somewhere??? Kendall will NEED one of those!!! :)

    ReplyDelete